Having our own blood bank facilitates and safeguards our patients’ life in critical and/or in emergency condition in the hospital. Therefore, Hospital San Javier provides this associated service to inpatients and outpatients who need it, thus encouraging an altruistic donation culture that is essential for a blood bank to work.
General donation requirements:
- Being at least 18 years of age and no more than 65 years of age and in good health.
- Fasting 4 hours min. and 8 hours max.
- Weigh more than 50 kg.
- Not having ingested alcohol over the last 48 hours.
- Not having hepatitis, dengue, or any viral or sexually transmitted disease.
- Not been vaccinated in the last month.
- Not having any tattoos (less than 5 years.
- Not having any piercings (less than one year).
- Not being on drugs.
- Not having had any high-risk sexual practice.
- Not being pregnant, menstruating and/or nursing.
- Not having had any minimal surgical procedures in one year.
- Not having received any transfusion.
- As a commitment and a thank you token to our altruistic donors, the blood bank issues a good health medical certificate to include a physical medical check-up and lab tests.
- If you are an altruistic donor and need any transfusion you will have one unit of blood on your behalf, for every unit you donate.
- The only one blood bank in a private hospital within the city.
- Certified Quality, ISO 9001-2008.
- Certified blood available for any emergency.
Químico Enrique Sánchez
Head of the Laboratory
Person in Charge of the Administrative Area